Non-vascular land plants - liverworts, mosses, and hornworts.
Bryophytes form a paraphyletic group
Info to cladogram
- Extinct lineages are not shown. Phylogeny was prepared accordind to Shaw et al., 2010.
- Years are medians of years summarized by Angiosperm Phylogeny Website, version 13.
- Only selected “morphological” apomorphies are presented.
- Note: the age of Takakia and Sphagnopsida could be 700 my
Cladograms for each phylum
- Cladogram of Marchantiophyta is here.
- Cladogram of Bryophyta is here.
- Cladogram of Anthocerotophyta is here.
Table of families
Info to table
- You can sellect phylum, class, order and/or family.
- Number in column “Genus” denote number of genera in family.
- Records in Italics denote the rows of species with gallery of images accessible by click on the image (not available yet).
- System of liverworts and hornworts was modified according to Soderstrom et al., 2016, system of mosses to Goffinet.